HIGH CHIEF TPL Soledotun Titilope Abdulkarim-Yusuf , Yar Amanar Matan Arewan Lagos/South West (nee Okenla) joyfully commemorates the 70th anniversary of OLASS Ijebu Ode. Grateful for the transformative impact of OLASS my alma mater, shaping me into the accomplished leader and mentor I am today.

HIGH CHIEF TPL Soledotun Titilope Abdulkarim-Yusuf , Yar Amanar Matan Arewan Lagos/South West (nee Okenla) joyfully commemorates the 70th anniversary of OLASS Ijebu Ode. Grateful for the transformative impact of OLASS my alma mater, shaping me into the accomplished leader and mentor I am today.


Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School in Ijebu Ode, founded on January 25th, 1954, is a Catholic girls' school renowned as the best in Ogun State. 

The school significantly influenced my character, providing a nurturing environment with dedicated teachers, including memorable individuals like Sister Ann McCormack , 

an Irish woman who taught me food and nutrition.




Despite my overall positive experience, the one aspect I disliked passionately was grass-cutting duties. 


Visualizing girls wielding cutlasses for this task remains a vivid memory. Yet, I cherish the camaraderie with teachers,shoolmates and classmates. 


Serving as a Prefect involved in a  campaign, fostering my love for leadership.



The School instilled discipline, starting with early morning routines, 

bells signaling assembly, and the impactful leadership of Principal Mrs. Yetunde Alao. 


Notable educators like Mr. Marshall, Mrs Onasanya who  taught  English, 
Mr. Boadu  Maths, Mr. Lamina in Geography, and Mrs. Oshodi in Yoruba left enduring impressions. 


Despite initial aversion, I pursued Geography and Regional Planning as my first degree.
As a day student closely connected to boarders, 


the school molded me into a disciplined, servant-leader, emphasizing care and love. 

My experience of serving as the former Social Secretary of OLASS Ijebu-Ode Old Girls Association and Chairperson Publicity Committee of OLASS 65th anniversary has made me more confident,tolerant and wise. 

 Today, I attribute much of who I am to the profound influence of Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School Ijebu -Ode.


 ORA ET LABORA. Great girls we are when duty calls.....


Cheers to the Blue and White spirit, embodying "Ora et Labora." Gratitude for shaping me into the woman I am today. Proudly an Old Girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lagos State Chapter of the Association of Women Town Planners in Nigeria paid a condolence visit to the family of the late TPL Catherine Kehinde George today